Blog - The Buzz

Has the recent spring-like weather got you planning a camping trip? This year, instead of adding a box or bundle of firewood during your pre-trip shopping, buy firewood near your camping spot, and you can help forest conservation.

When you move firewood from its native area, you risk accidentally transporting invaisive species of firewood-related pests that can infest and destroy trees native to the new location.

Whether you're tent-camping, RVing or heading to a cabin, you can follow these simple tips:

Buy firewood harvested within 50 miles of your campsite.
Check with your campground and/or state or federal parks or forests for information regarding local firewood distributors.
Buy only what yo...

Read more

Looking for a way to use wood chips and help recycle our natural resources? We've gathered the following list of top ten ways that have been shared with us.

1. Make a compost pile.
2. Use around trees and in flower beds as attractive way to keep weeds down and moisture in.
3. Reduce dust on unpaved roads and driveways.
4. Create beautiful paths and walkways.
5. Use in parking areas and fill in ruts under SUVs.
6. Add as protective ground cover for children's play area.
7. Use for bedding area In dog and other animal kennels, and horse stables.
8. Add a natural element to your landscaping.
9. Spread protective layer to moderate soil temperature.
10. Add to flower pots and hanging baskets.

Do you have a ...

Read more

Think you don't need to bother with a licensed contractor for your tree project, and that it might even be cheaper to go with the unlicensed guy? Tempting as that may sound, there are many negatives to trying to save a few dollars with an unlicensed tree service provider.

A tree service provider that is licensed by the California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) means the provider is responsible enough to follow state laws and has the appropriate insurance and bond to protect you and your property. In California, any work of $500 or more must be performed by a provider that holds a current, valid license from CSLB.

Non-licensed providers do not meet the state requirements. They are not r...

Read more